The beauty and fashion world can get a bit confusing, not to say overwhelming at times. Once you think you are on top of everything and have succeeded in decrypting all new trends and fashion movements, there´s a new one already ahead of you. But don´t worry guys, that´s what you have me for:I have wrapped up a couple of the most current und burning news from the beauty and fashion industry from the past few weeks, all neatly fit in this little post.
1. The beginning is gonna make the headline that stroked me personally the most this week: the return of YSL to Haute Couture. After monsieur Yves Saint Laurent himself held the fashion house´s last couture show in 2007 after resigning from heading the renouned fashion empire, current chef-designer extraordinaire now announced that he will bring back haute couture to YSL. Choosing a rather unusual way of not holding any fashion shows and selling the dresses to selected people only, the mere thought of seeing Saint Laurent à la Hedi Slimane in a haute couture version made my heart skip a beat. I have literally never looked forward so much to award season like I do now.
∼ the two pictures show Hedi Slimane´s first designs for YSL haute couture∼
2. Yet another makeup trend everyone´s talking about: Strobing. As the pretty picture to the left describes nicely, strobing is basically your regular contour-highlight routine just minus the contouring. Tbh, I don´t really get what the hype about applying just highlighter is (haven´t we all done that at one point ?), but now that so many people are talking about it, I have discovered some great new highlighters, which is fine for me.
3. Rosie has done it again: She has designed yet another collection for Paige Denim. Besides some good denim (duh), the collection also features a vide selection of coats, tanktops, blouses and shoes. All in all it´s a great reflection of Rosie´s distinctive, off-duty model style, with the only drawback for me being the pricetag (sad me.)
4. After having decorated many Instagram pictures with his extraorbitantly expensive nailpolishes with the extravagant packaging, Mr. Loubotin has now come out with a new line of lipsticks. Pricetag: 90$. Yep. I don´t know about you, but for me they are just some lipsticks in a hella great packaging. That said, no, I´m not gonna be spending 90$ on a lipstick, but if you would like to give me one, you would be very welcome.
5. And lastly: We´re getting close to September, which only means one thing: It´s September issue time. With US Vogue yet having to publish their cover for September 2015 (will be shown on August 14th), we yet have a selection of the world´s collest girls gracing the world´s most fashionable magazines. My personal favourite so far are the three shown above, but Gigi Hadid for WMagazine also seems well worth taking a look at.
That about rounds up my fancy news flash for you guys. What is your favourite “headline”?